Industrial | WSI
The role of the Field Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector/Technician is to perform required inspections on ASME Section I, Section III and Section VIII components in accordance with ASME, the NBIC and other associated standards/requirements.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical training/experience is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years inspection experience with power generation components.
- Knowledge of 10CFR50 Appendix B, NQA-1, and 10CFR Part 21 requirements.
- Knowledge of the ASME codes and other codes and standards which govern the repair, replacement and modification activities associated with the power generation industry.
- Individual must be familiar with receipt inspection process, procurement, work control process, M&TE control, material control, nonconformance and corrective process welding processes, welder and weld procedure qualification process.
- Individual must be capable of being certified Level II VT, PT, & MT methods and mechanical inspection activities. Previous certification is required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface in an ASME code environment.
- Effectively implement the WSI QA Program under field conditions.
- Performs and documents inspections and surveillance activities.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply requirements from the applicable codes, standards, quality procedures, specifications, drawings, and customer contracts.
- Review incoming materials for compliance with customer contracts/purchase orders requirements.
- Ensure verbatim compliance of project activities.
- Ability to effectively interface with home office, field supervision, customer and authorize Inspector regarding code issues.
- Ability to develop, control and present code documentation package related to code activities.
- Must be able to gain access into nuclear facilities.
Field (Nuclear Power Generation Facilities, Refineries, Chemical Plants, etc…)
Ability to stand and kneel while performing inspections for long hours. Light lifting (50 lbs.).
Ability to work day or night shift.
Travel required (international and domestic)