Carrier Sales Representative
CargoBarn is searching for driven, go-getters who are eager to learn, earn, and advance professionally within the ever evolving transportation industry.
The success of our team depends on meeting the needs of two very important groups of people – customers and carriers. Carrier Sales Representatives contribute to the sourcing side of the transportation brokerage industry, by building relationships and partnerships with transportation carriers to produce efficient logistics solutions for our customers. Our onboarding program will support the development of solid negotiation and communication skills, while advancing your sales technique with confidence.
What Does a Carrier Sales Rep do?
- Create, grow and cultivate relationships with transportation carriers within the truckload sector.
As Carrier Sales Reps' individual carrier base grows, the priorities will shift. Bringing in new carriers will always be a focus, and day-to-day carrier relationships will begin to take a more prominent role.
- Manage carrier capacity while ensuring proper levels of service, by quickly resolving problems with a solution-based approach.
Carrier Sales Reps act as the liaison between two important teams – The customer sales team and our company’s carriers. CargoBarn’s load management software provides a platform for managing daily operational load management tasks.
- You’ll be expected to leverage CargoBarn’s purchasing power, by utilizing data driven resources to make educated buying and business decisions.
Our team has the freight, and transportation carriers have the trucks. CargoBarn’s market penetration and technologies give our Carrier Representatives the necessary tools to consistently negotiate a fair and profitable rate.
- Build internal relationships within CargoBarn to develop your book of business.
Working strategically with peers for both the success and the growth of the company. We’re not just a group of individuals, we’re a crew!
What Do You Get?
The team here at CargoBarn will be some of the coolest, hardest working, and most ambitious people you’re likely to know. They’re not just here to make money or have a good time, they’re here to make money AND have a good time. Joining the team, we’ll expect you to bring your best efforts every single day and push yourself to your competitive limits.
- A casual dress code.
- Health Care.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
- 401K with company matching.
- Quarterly and annual bonuses.
- Off-site functions and get-togethers.
- Weekly and monthly sales games with incentives.
- A competitive Sales environment.
- An always open-door policy – all ideas and creative thinking is encouraged.
- A team atmosphere filled with an amazing, tight-knit group of coworkers.
Our Perfect Candidate Profile
- Relationship building qualities.
- BA/BS preferably in Business Management, Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Communication.
- 1-2 years of Sales experience.
- The ability to network with ease.
- Are you a quick-thinking problem solver? We love you already.
- The ability to multitask is a must.
- Maintaining a competitive nature while always looking out for your team.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Our goal at CargoBarn is simple - we want to provide excellent service to our customers, while focusing on relationships and friendships, not just business transactions. We’re working hard to create a fun environment where everyone can come together to find innovative logistics solutions that don’t compromise on integrity or innovation – and that’s where you come in.
CargoBarn Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Have you applied with us before?
If you've submitted an online application with CargoBarn before, we may already have your information on file. Login to update your information and/or use your existing profile to apply to additional openings.