SENIOR IT SERVICE MANAGER
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Sr. Manager of IT Service Management will work with the Country IT technicians within the region to develop sustainable support structure which addresses the support needs of the users in the country and program offices. The Sr. Manager of ITSM also works in conjunction with the other Sr. IT Service Managers to ensure that global “follow the sun” technical support and network operations coverage are maintained. The individual will also address escalated problem resolution when necessary.
This role also provides direct supervision to Regional IT Technical Coordinator(s) and is responsible for ensuring they have the necessary resources and capacity to perform their daily functions. He/She is responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis and mentoring the Regional IT Coordinator(s) as appropriate. This role is responsible for working with the IT management team to determine the needs for new CI office deployments based on field office requirements, budgets, organizational needs and improvements in technology and also coordinating the IT related issues of any office moves or closure within the regions.
The over-arching goal is to ensure the availability, integrity, and functionality of IT support systems globally. The incumbent is to work with the Country Directors and SDO’s in the regions on any Technology advice and needs from strategic and operational perspective and also to help in planning process and on IT budget requirements.
- Manage the core activities of the Support services within the region and to work with other Sr. Managers to leverage the service operational strategy as determined by the Global IT management to our field offices and to ensure proper delivery of IT Services.
- Work with other Sr. Managers in other regions on account management in terms of assigning permissions, password resets and also to ensure other resource access levels are functioning efficiently and continuously from on-boarding through account terminations.
- Assist is the establishment and enforcement of CI’s Standard’s, Policies and Procedures while maintaining a conduit between CI HQ and the Regional Field Programs on feedback and improving CI’s IT related policies and standards.
- Work with the Level 1 country-based technicians in the region to develop a support process to address and enhance IT needs for the users and with the support of the Regional IT coordinator, develop a workflow process to ensure that user requests are responded and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop, train and mentor other IT team personnel within the region on issues as customer service, communication and technical skills to enhance support services delivery.
- Supervise and work with the Regional IT Coordinators to develop a professional growth and development through establishing a foundation for capacity building and creating a knowledge base initiative to improve their technical skills.
- Work with the IT management team to monitor and evaluate new technologies to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing environments.
- Engage with the Infrastructure team in research and technology required for implementation and improvements of the Field IT systems and help to design a performance monitoring system for system availability.
- Work with the Sr. Dr of ITSM and Sr. Dir of IT Solutions as a liaison regarding programmatic and communications IT related issues in his/her respective region.
- Implement Upgrades on network systems as needed.
- Manage system changes through the IT Change Management process with appropriate support staff, to ensure uninterrupted network services.
- Work with the Infrastructure team Install, Maintain, Troubleshoot all systems which are components of the CI Global Network infrastructure, WAN optimization systems, the IPT systems and advanced network systems located in CI’s international offices.
- Work with the IT team to devise a strategy to determine the requirements for field office deployments and implementations based on budget and operational requirements.
- Coordinate network deployments and maintenance visits on IT projects in the CI international Offices.
- Participate in the IT Division’s Strategic planning process from a Regional and Field perspective.
- Engage in the Coordination of IT support operations for CI participations at International conferences.
- Work with the Sr. Director of IT Security on any IT security related activities in the regions and to coordinate with the infrastructure team to develop process and procedure to mitigate the impact of the risk on the global network.
- This position is based in CI’s Singapore Office.
- Minimal hazards: atmosphere and environment associated with office setting.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls, inquiries and deadlines.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards.
- May be exposed to a variety of Electro-mechanical hazards.
- Travel may be required for training, workshops and seminars.
- Overtime and evening or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional prolonged standing/walking.
- Dexterity and mobility for considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Lifts supplies/equipment Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.).
- Occasional climbing.
- Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Information Technology, or other relevant field. Additional certifications in Infrastructure design and support or similar field strongly preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in the IT field, including management of a team; effective support of remote users; ability to define and implement changes in business processes; excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Windows networks and a strong fundamental understanding of network operations and Internet protocols and connectivity.
- Professional experience in areas such as IT operations, and business process management.
- Experience in developing information systems.
- Experience working in an international context.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and follow-through and the capacity to think creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused and performs well in a fast-paced environment with changing and competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other languages, especially French, a plus. Ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences is important.
- Strong vendor and consultant management skills and experience.
- Knowledge in project management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a globally diverse team.
- Flexibility; and Ability to travel to global locations upon request.
- Proficient in understanding the Networking infrastructure technology and working knowledge in the Cisco Networking technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical instructions to users with varying levels of computer skills.
- Skill in Mac and Windows Applications, Proficient with Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows, Experience with CI Approved software and Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen to and respect diverse colleagues.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and manage demanding workload.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Sensitive to all cultures of the world.
- Commitment to environmental conservation.
- Great Sense of Humor.
- Sensitive to all cultures of the world.
- Commitment to environmental conservation.
- Knowledge in the Cisco Networking technologies.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.
- Google Apps for Business management.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.