Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The HRIS Analyst is a key position within the Global Human Resources Operations team, reporting to the Senior Director, Global HR Systems and Benefits. The primary focus of this position is to provide technical expertise in implementing, supporting, training, and troubleshooting of CI’s HR systems (Business World/HR, Oracle HCM, ADP Workforce Now, and Taleo TBE). In addition, the HRIS Manager responsibilities include setting up and troubleshooting the integration of data between Business World and Oracle, as well as developing and disseminating HR reporting to Executives, Global HR, and Field Operations Leads.
Technical point of contact for HRMS data control management for both US and IA employees providing support as assigned for the International field employees. A subject matter expert in data integrity, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. Collaborates with Payroll and Benefits on data management of feeds between ADP, BW, and CI’s benefit vendor systems. This includes working with Finance on payroll related inquiries and audit requests to increase inter-departmental relations.
HR Systems: Technical Subject Matter Expert
- SME and lead in the review, selection, implementation, and testing of HRMS systems, SQL-based integration files between systems, and upgrades in Oracle, ADP, as well as testing of upgrades in Business World. Collaborate with vendors/partners, functional and technical staff to coordinate projects.
- Partner with HR process owners and cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate into multi-year tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning in partnership with vendors/partners, HR, IT, and Finance.
- Resolve any issues in HR systems, working with Oracle Support and BW Support to find solutions. Monitor the Oracle help -desk ticketing system and provide timely responses with professional customer service. Clearly communicate system-wide updates to global users and to HR team
HR Data, Metrics and Reporting
- Manage maintenance and accuracy of employee data for reporting and distribution through audit reports and monthly reviews. Work closely with HRIS Specialist, Finance, and Field Ops Leads.
- Develop monthly/quarterly HR reports and metrics for management, including turnover, global headcount, and promotions analysis.
- Responsible for all compliance reporting (EEO, AAP, AIA, VETS), ad-hoc and compensation reports.
- Respond to internal and external audit requirements and other reporting requests as needed.
- Complete and oversee all data integration processes between BW and Oracle timely and accurately
HR Projects/Process Improvement
- Partner with HR process owners to develop process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Act as liaison with IT, Finance, and HRBPs for Performance Management cycle, Salary changes, New Hire and Termination processes, and other issues affecting data of employees and integrations to other systems.
- Review any necessary updates for successful data integration between Business World and Oracle.
- Document and Support HR processes in BW, ADP, Oracle HCM, and Taleo Applicant Tracking systems. Update documentation and user guides and work with translation services for global staff.
- Independently solve a range of complex functionality in Business World and ADP prior to seeking advice from Supervisor.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with all system stakeholders, partners, and Ops leads.
- Conduct BW/HR and Oracle HCM in-house training as necessary for new field operations leads.
- Quarterly check-in with all field operations staff by region for continuous training support needs.
- Maintain awareness and examine current trends in HRMS with a focus on Performance Management, Applicant Tracking recruitment/onboarding, and Learning Management systems. Research improvements of HR metrics, reporting, and dashboards. Continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participate in user group meetings/conferences
- This position is based in Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA
- Normal office environment
- This position requires strict confidentiality as the position will have access to protected health and personal information
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, human resources, or related degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years related working experience in IT, HR, or Finance/Payroll.
- Demonstrated ability to audit/validate accurate data in HR systems, particularly with cloud-based ERP Systems.
- Superior attention to detail in data validation and auditing.
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Ability to problem-solve and propose process improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly advanced functions in Excel.
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues by working with users and the technical support teams.
- Ability to generate and analyze data to develop reports and metrics for management.
- Experience responding to HR related questions, problems and data information requests.
- Minimum of 1-year experience using SQL strongly preferred.
- Experience using SharePoint strongly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle systems implementation or other cloud-based ERP systems.
- Some fluency in Spanish or French preferred.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.