Conservation International (CI) is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Vice President’s Office in Bogota, Colombia. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and will be responsible for managing the executive’s calendar, travel, and meeting schedules; preparing routine and high-level correspondence; handling confidential and sensitive information; preparing presentations and related meeting materials; and making travel arrangements. The Executive Assistant also provides general administrative support including maintaining filing systems; preparing expense reports; and providing ad-hoc operational support on HR, Finance, and IT related tasks.
S/he functions as the primary point of contact for the executive with a wide variety of key constituents, including potential and existing donors. Duties are highly confidential and require a working knowledge of CI’s policies, procedures, programs and operations. Ability to work effectively with others and excellent communication skills required. This position does not supervise staff.
- Assist the executive on all administrative matters.
- Screen incoming correspondence, calls, and requests and determine priority and appropriate disposition. Ensure that critical and sensitive information flows to the executive in a timely manner. Develop appropriate follow-up procedures.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and others within and outside of CI.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, presentations and other communications material.
- Manage the executive’s business and travel calendar. Coordinate activities with others as appropriate.
- Prepare check requests, travel reimbursements, and other related financial transactions.
- Maintain administrative files.
- Provide additional administrative or operational support as directed.
- Provide support for agenda development, participant coordination and input, and logistics for meetings and calls of the Americas Continental Management Team.
- High School or Secondary School education and up to 2 years of college or technical school studies.
- 2-4 years related work experience in providing administrative and office support.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Mail, and web researching skills.
- Strong organization and communication skills. Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and varied tasks and meet deadlines.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others from a variety of disciplines, cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- English and Spanish language skills
- Interest and commitment to conservation
- This position is based in Bogota, Colombia
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal work hours as needed.
- No travel expected.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and CV by June 9, 2017.