The Marketing Manager plays a key role on the Conservation International Brand and Communication team in supporting the departmental and organization-wide goals of brand awareness growth, community building and fundraising.
The Marketing Manager oversees Conservation International’s major social media accounts, and will be project-lead to special digital marketing projects. Duties include collaborating with global communicators in 30 country offices, creating and executing a global social strategy, and assisting with large-scale marketing campaigns.
The Marketing Manager is a creative and driven self-starter with a passion for conservation and digital media. The candidate has experience with social media listening systems and is comfortable reporting metrics.
The Marketing Manager is an out-of-the-box thinker that can juggle multiple priorities on a tight deadline with ease.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing Director, create, curate and publish social content for CI’s social media platforms — including, but not limited to, Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat— on a daily basis. Content should support key CI messaging and highlight relevant and timely organizational programs, activities and people. Maintain relationships with CI’s key scientists and thought-leaders to identify potential content to showcase.
- Monitor social mentions of CI, its peers, and relevant topics.
- Respond, when appropriate, in order to build relationships with our communities and with key influencers.
- Identify opportunities for CI to join online conversations and raise the organization’s visibility.
- Work with Brand and Communications team members to plan and execute CI marketing campaigns, both large in scope (e.g., Nature Is Speaking) and small (e.g., a Shark Week campaign).
- Provide regular and as requested reports quantifying and qualifying CI’s digital campaigns.
- Stay abreast of digital trends and provide suggestions and ideas to the Marketing Director on ways to implement into CI’s marketing. Liaise with peers in like-minded organizations to share best practices.
Typical office environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in online communications/social media
- Detail-oriented and well-organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to think creatively and innovatively and thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Keen eye for detail and highly-organized
- Familiarity with the social media landscape and the use of social media for marketing—and a commitment to staying abreast of the latest trends while on the job
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate complex information (e.g., the scope and scale of CI’s work) in everyday language for a general audience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including the ability to communicate with peers throughout a global organization
- Possesses a high-level of initiative and strong sense of ownership to see a project from conception to completion
- Experience with graphic design or video production
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French
- Experience in the NGO world
- A bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism/another relevant field
- A demonstrated passion for, and knowledge of, conservation and international development issues
To apply, please also include a cover letter and professional references.