The Development Coordinator provides support for the relationship building and fundraising efforts of Development professionals based at HQ or in other CI offices. The position coordinates fundraising processes with account leads and managers and provides support for the development of high-quality proposals and reports to donors. The Coordinator conducts prospect research and monitors developments with key donors and within philanthropy generally; supports grant/donor management and stewardship of donors; and provides general administrative support.
- Ensure that all relevant information about donors & prospects within Account Leads portfolios is entered and updated in Raiser's Edge, and generate regular reports (e.g., mailing lists, regional and portfolio giving history).
- Review all revenue and solicitation reports to ensure that they accurately capture fundraising activities.
- Assist with the development and finalization of high-quality proposals and concept papers and reports. Help identify opportunities for specific donor stewardship and outreach around CI priority programs.
- Produce regular appeal and stewardship mailings to donors in portfolio and appropriate prospects. Draft thank-you notes and other correspondence.
- Provide support for large and small cultivation and stewardship events (e.g., creating invitation lists, working with vendors, designing and producing invitations, managing and confirming responses, providing logistical support at the event, and executing post-event follow-up).
- Conduct baseline research for new prospects as assigned to be used for donor strategy development by senior Development staff.
- Support the Prospect Team to identify new prospects, perform prospect research/screens, and preparing event research bios and blurbs.
- Assist the prospect research team with weekly time spent researching local publications for leads and references to regional Major Gifts donors and prospects.
- Ensure prospect knowledge, including ratings, interest and linkages acquired through research is preserved and maintained in Raiser's Edge that is accessible to fundraising staff and use to develop future cultivation strategies.
- Provide administrative support by processing financial expenditures, expense reports, and VISA statements, and assist with scheduling and coordinating travel for Development staff.
- Assist the manager of the Leadership Council to produce three high-level Council meetings per year and to on-board and off-board members. Duties will include printing materials, research, assistance in producing a book, and taking notes during the meetings. Potential travel to meetings outside of Washington, DC.
- Work with Development Writer and manager of the Leadership Council to produce a quarterly Leadership Council newsletter.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time difference with HQ and field programs may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required to support account leads and fundraising efforts.
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database.
- Preferred Experience in conducting research using online databases, internet resources, in-house files/CRM and other references.
- Proficiency in database operations, Microsoft Office applications, and basic computer operations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple processes at a given time.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Skype or Google Hangout, etc.
- A demonstrated passion for and interest in conservation and human development issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree or up to four years of college-level work.
To apply, please include cover letter, resume and writing sample