Viper Technology Services is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with a ten year history of performance building global information systems for U.S. Joint DOD and U.K. MOD logistics programs.
Currently Viper has openings for Oracle Database Administrators for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Autonomics Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in North Carolina. Work requirements include a DOD Secret security clearance (prefer Top Secret) and at least 3 years’ hands-on experience as a Production Level DBA with Oracle 9i/10g/11. Other requirements:
- Fluent Oracle backup & recovery theory
- Experience in database tuning, data transport techniques, writing SQL, shell scripting and troubleshooting all manner of database issues
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming language, Windows OS, troubleshooting third party applications and working in a strictly controlled CM environment desired Bachelor’s degree desired
- Formal Oracle University training, e.g. Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) strongly desired
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to explain problems as well as solve them
- Excellent documentation skills
- A military background is preferred but not required
This work directly supports lifecycle data management and sustainment for live flight operations of more than a dozen F-35 Lightning II aircraft representing variants for the United States Air Force, United States Marine Corps and, eventually, expected variants for the United States Navy and nine International Ministry of Defense partner nations. The job offers significant opportunities for enhanced income through straight time overtime, as well as excellent benefits and paid time off. Shift work is required (generally 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.) and occasional on-call work. AA/EOE.