Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
The Cook/Prep Cook’s responsibilities are divided into a range of support roles to the Sous Chef, Executive Chef and the Culinary Department. Qualified candidates should have some previous experience which includes prep work, line cooking and some knowledge of health sanitation codes. You will work primarily banquets with a wide range of menus. Successful candidates show attention to detail in a fast paced environment. We all work as team, so you must be open to assisting in breaking down and cleaning the galley at the end of each shift. A flexible schedule is required. Shifts will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Follow written and spoken directives as given by Lead Chefs, Sous Chef & Executive Chef.
- Assist with setup & breakdown of buffet stations.
- Wash dishes, take out trash & clean galleys as needed.
- Maintain high food safety and sanitation practices on a daily basis.
- Communicate any equipment and maintenance issues to the Lead Chefs.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all food prep and storage areas.
- Obtain proper certifications including TWIC and MMD cards.
- Basic experience with food preparations and product identification.
- Basic understanding of sanitation guidelines and practices.
- Basic knife skills
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. The San Francisco-based organization operates more than 60 vessels in northern California (San Francisco, Berkeley and Sacramento) and southern California (San Diego, Newport Beach, Long Beach and Marina del Rey), and the company also launched Hornblower New York in 2012. In addition, Hornblower operates two ferry service concessions for the National Park Service: Alcatraz Cruises provides transportation to Alcatraz Island, and the Statue Cruises provides transportation to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. In 2014, the company opened boat tour service in the Niagara Falls Gorge in Niagara Falls, Canada. Hornblower treats guests to a broad range of dining, entertainment and sightseeing cruises aboard U.S. Coast Guard and Transport Canada certified yachts.
Hornblower Cruises & Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.