Operates mixing equipment, ingredient scaling equipment, and conducts the loading of ingredients into hoppers and bins. Also handles re-work dough, scaling the hand add ingredients, adding the hand adds to the blender, and cleaning the mixing area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Attends to numerically controlled equipment that automatically mixes fats, water, and mixture of dry ingredients to make dough used in production of bread and rolls.
2. Pushes buttons to activate control panel and observes lights and dials to verify that panel and equipment is functioning. Inspects sections of mixing equipment, such as mixing tools, drum of mixer, and feed hopper to verify that equipment is clean.
3. Transports butter to the cooler using FIFO.
4. Records mixing information, i.e. lot codes, amounts, start times, dough temps, mixer speeds on mixing sheet.
5. Monitors dough coming out of mixer making sure it meets desired specifications.
6. Transport dough in troughs from mixing room to fermentation room (weighting approx. 900 LBS).
7. Notifies Supervisor of dough not meeting mixing standards and of equipment malfunctions for the mixing equipment and scaling equipment.
8. Maintains log sheets as necessary that are required for Quality Assurance.
9. Transports rework dough to the mixing area.
10. Adds rework dough to the mixers at the appropriate rate. (2% 27 Lb)
11. Scales hand add ingredients into buckets. Adds the hand add ingredients to the blender when needed.
12. Maintains work area in clean and sanitary condition by sweeping floor and wiping down equipment.
13. Assists in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
14. Maintain a high level of sanitation and GMP’s.
15. Complete tasks and projects as required by the company.
16. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
17. Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• One to three years of bakery production experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine quality assurance reports and correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals