This position will require an individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work, and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the oven operation on his/her shift. This individual’s key role is to manage the oven and depanning equipment on their shifts to meet our product quality specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Sets oven controls to specified temperature and bake times. Adjust controls as necessary to maintain the proper product specifications.
2. Manages the oven profile temperatures during production gaps to eliminate overbaked product from the oven.
3. Monitors the product for the desired proof size, shape, color and height. Notifies the plant supervisor via radio when the product is out of specification.
4. Maintains log sheets as necessary that are required for Quality Assurance.
5. Reports equipment problems to Supervisor and maintenance personnel.
6. Cleans work area and tools. Performs other duties in production as necessary.
7. Assists in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
8. Maintain a high level of sanitation and GMP’s.
9. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in timely manner
10. Complete tasks and projects as required by the company
11. Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three months related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, write, speak Basic English
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine quality assurance reports and correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or kneel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds with assistance from co-worker and/or mechanic devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.