|Location:||King's Hawaiian Bakery and Restaurant, Torrance, CA|
|# of Openings:||5|
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 61 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and recently built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere, everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
Delivers the “Live Aloha” experience and by greeting them as friends/family (Ohana), and serving meals to Guests in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
• Greet every Guests or employee within 5 ft with a warm Aloha or Mahalo.
• Sets-up, restocks, cleans service station, and bus stations.
• Ensure Guest table is greeted within 30 seconds.
• Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
• Share tables of 10 or more with at least one other server.
• Prepares beverages and deliveries within 2 minutes from being ordered.
• Promote team work by expediting food orders, pre-bussing, and servicing all Guests needs.
• Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
• Supports hostess: Greet Guests, escorts them to table, and provide menus when needed.
• Uniform and appearance clean according to standards.
• Observes Guests to respond to any additional requests.
• Clearly address food issues or determine if meal has been prepared to their expectation.
• Totals bill and accepts payment.
• Ladle soup, toss salads, portion pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
• Pre-bus and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course. Keeps areas clean, safe and stocked.
• End of shift computes and turns in amounts received and any tendered items.
• Quotes price, up sells, and describes food specials and featured bakery items to Guests.
• Understands the sense of urgency and team work effort needed to operate business.
• Able to communicate with excellent Guests service to keep within our business philosophy.
• Follow all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the Kings Hawaiian standards.
• Recycles all products that may be reused. (i.e. butter, jams, crayons, napkins, etc.)
• Keeps work area clean and orderly be sweeping floors, wiping down equipment and other sanitation jobs assigned.
• Helps in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
• Cooperate on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promote safety in our operations.
• Understand and comply with general and specific safe job procedures that apply to the job.
• Plan and carry out job assignments without creating hazards to self and other employees.
• Report all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
• Immediately report to your Supervisor/Manager all accidents and obtain first aid for all injuries no matter how minor.
• Report to work physically and mentally ready to do the job. We insist on a substance free environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Able to read, speak, and understand English clearly for customer orders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
We participate in E-Verify. To find out more information regarding e-Verify, please visit www.uscis.gov/E-Verify
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results