Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 64 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and built a brand new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011.
The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
To ensure sanitary conditions at all King’s Hawaiian plants and warehouses, especially in all baking and packaging functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Properly cleans equipment area or periodic work.
2. Sweeps, mops and maintains the offices, restrooms and lunchrooms as well as the outside parameters
3. Performs work safely using the proper methods as directed.
4. Follows and maintains the warehouse sanitation program utilizing a Master Cleaning Schedule and ensures implementation of correct procedures in all King’s Hawaiian warehouses.
5. Evaluates sanitation issues related to interactions of ingredients in dough mixing to ensure no sanitation standards are compromised during the mixing process.
6. Works with Food Safety Supervisor to maintain plant procedures and operations guidelines, which ensure compliance with food laws and labeling requirements.
7. Familiar with the use of appropriate cleaners and sanitizers for all food processing equipment and plant facilities.
8. Performs daily self-inspection systems and techniques to monitor sanitation issues with all equipment.
9. Inspects work prior to it being checked by foreman.
10. Must be knowledgeable with the Lock out Tag out Safety program.
11. Helps in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
12. Reports all equipment problems to the foreman or supervisor immediately.
13. Communicates all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promote safety in our operations.
14. Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures that apply to your job.
15. Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to yourself and other employees.
16. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all incidents in a timely manner.
17. Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
18. Must have flexible work schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year experience in a food manufacturing facility.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will maintain CPR and AED certification (Company will provide periodic recertification training).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Duties may require use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools. Duties may require occasional operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf of the company.
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis. May also be scheduled to work all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
We participate in E-Verify. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE MFDV.