Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 64 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and built a brand new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011.
The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
Manage a safe, efficient, continuous operation of the plant production and packing areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Directs employees in his or her area with respect and courtesy.
2. Complies with and enforces King’s safety policies and positively promotes safety in all areas.
3. Directs employees to work safely and takes corrective action immediately if an employee is being unsafe.
4. Reports unsafe behaviors of employees to the Production Supervisor immediately.
5. Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures & policies that apply to your job and your staff.
6. Executes the Production Supervisor’s work instructions.
7. Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
8. Inspects the products to verify conformance to quality specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
9. Notifies Shift Supervisor, Production Supervisor, and Maintenance of equipment problems and breakdowns.
10. Calls the Supervisor for help when having difficulty in your area so the problem and mess can be minimized.
11. Organize, and relieves employee breaks and lunches.
12. Maintains QA and production records.
13. Protects the company from material losses.
14. Communicates with supervisors and lead persons to coordinate activities between departments.
15. Performs the activities of workers supervised.
16. Trains new employees or employees who change job classifications.
17. Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to yourself and other employees.
18. Reports harassment or other behaviors that may cause a hostile work environment.
19. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all incidents in a timely manner.
20. Assists Supervisors during an emergency or natural disaster to maintain order and security of plant personnel.
Directly supervises all production/packing personnel in the Production department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for succession planning within the department, and developing the skills and experience in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of experience in Production Operations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Duties may require use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools. Duties may require occasional operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf of the company.
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis. May also be scheduled to work all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
We participate in E-Verify. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE MFDV.