Learning and Development Manager
|Location:||Corporate Offices, Torrance, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
This is not the typical L&D Manager position, we are looking for an architect/builder who can see the opportunity and possibilities on a blank canvas. It requires strong emotional intelligence, creative thinking, the ability and desire to “roll up the sleeves” to get the day to day done and a sincere sense of aloha. Aloha means many things to many people but one definition is the spirit of caring and inclusion (collaboration) that is characteristic of the Hawaiian culture.
Let’s begin with some background. King’s Hawaiian is a study in contrasts. On one hand, we’re a 67-year-old, family-owned company with many cherished traditions. On the other hand, in many ways we operate like a start-up, in that we’re a fast-growing consumer-oriented manufacturing company with prominence in the emerging Hawaiian Foods category. We demand excellence from our employees and value efficiency and effectiveness in our operations. At the same time, our leaders care deeply that our team members collaborate, participate and enjoy working here. We don’t think there’s a contradiction between high expectations and high emotional intelligence. The Learning and Development function has only been around 4 years and is still building it’s “brand” and presence within the organization. The goal is to take it from a training function, to a strategic learning function that is aligned with the organization’s strategy and is a partner in building and growing the capabilities of our workforce to meet the needs of our fast-growing organization.
This Position may be for you if:
• You are an architect and builder, who can both think strategically and roll up the sleeves to develop and implement.
• You are a good listener, who can listen to the needs of the organization, balance the rich heritage/tradition and propose/develop solutions that support the strategy and fulfill the needs.
• You are a strong collaborator. Operating in silos is not something we endorse, so you will need to work with other functions in creating and building programs.
• You are able to make connection and bring clarity in ambiguity. Not just surviving but able to thrive in the ambiguity.
• You look to continuously improve. You notice areas for improvement and provide solutions. King’s Hawaiian always strives for excellence, you will work to constantly improve our programs and processes
• You have ability to think holistically (nonlinear) and sequentially (linear). A good blend of creative and logical.
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years corporate L&D experience.
o A blend of traditional experience developing and delivering training in a manufacturing organization
o Non-traditional “out of the box” L&D ideation.
• BA/BS degree in Organizational Development, Communications, Education, Business Administration, Human Relations or a related field. May be substituted with additional years of corporate training experience.
• 2-5 years experience managing a team
• Active membership in professional training organization (i.e. ASTD) preferred.
• Experience working with LMS, Administrator of LMS preferred
• Experience building training programs (preferably leadership development, HiPo, coaching and organizational change management)
• Experience bridging the performance process with learning and development
• Strong acclimation to Company values.
• Strong performance consulting orientation.
• Knowledge of adult learning principals.
• Knowledge of organizational development theory.
• Knowledge of effective change management practices and the ability to implement change.
• The ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation skills) at all levels of the organization.
• Project Management Skills: ability to organize priorities and effectively manage projects
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results