The Food Safety Supervisor reports directly to the Food Safety Manager and supports company safety and product quality standards by ensuring safe and sanitary conditions at all plants and warehouses.
- Responsible for selecting, training, organizing and assigning Food Safety Staff.
- Recommends measures to improve cleaning methods and time efficiency.
- Supervises, coaches, and trains employees and performs a variety of management and administrative tasks.
- Trains and Mentors new Foremen.
- Trains or directs the training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
- Enforces Federal, State and Baking Industries Health and Safety regulations.
- Holds weekly floor safety meetings, as well as monthly safety meetings with all employees.
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Help to maintain administrative records on food safety personnel, such as absenteeism, training, safety, daily cleaning documentation, etc.
- Help maintain appropriate pest control, and keep records on all activities of pest control.
- Help carry out food safety inspection programs to ensure that Kings Hawaiian standards are met.
- Complies with and enforces King’s safety policies and positively promotes safety in all areas.
- Understand and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures & policies that apply to your job and your staff.
- Executes the Food Safety Managers work instructions.
- Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
- Communicates with other Supervisors and lead persons to coordinate activities between departments.
- Performs the activities of workers supervised.
- Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to yourself and other employees.
- Assists during an emergency or natural disaster to maintain order and security of plant personnel
- Accounts for all of his or her department personnel during an evacuation. Attends weekly operations and safety meetings.
- Reviews weekly Quality Assurance Facilities audits, and develops and implements corrective action.
- Defines and updates job descriptions for direct report
- Gives ongoing feedback to direct reports on skills and abilities.
- Assists direct reports in defining career goals and seeking opportunities
- Delivers or provides for training and resources required for direct reports to perform their roles.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and systems are in place to ensure continuous operations, proactive maintenance and timely problem resolution.
- Enforces utilization/adherence to policies, procedures and systems
- Maintains constant awareness of facilities and equipment hazards and proactively manages risk.
- Manages all aspects of regulatory compliance including knowledge of standards, documents, audits, etc.
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.Ensures that food safety personnel comply with all company policies, and enforces the safety program.
- Complies with Federal, State, City and A.I.B. Health and Safety Standards, including OSHA (State and/or Federal) and Hazardous Material regulation, in keeping with the work process and chemical inventory by location
- Responsible for Quality and Food Safety functions as assigned and outlined in Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program.
- Responsible for reporting all quality and food safety concerns/issues to QA.
Minimum 5 years bakery sanitation experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Understanding of basic microbiology, OSHA compliance, food laws, pest control,HACCP, and baking industry technical procedures
Organizational and leadership skills
Capacity for analytic thinking
Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Intermediate mathematical ability
Computer proficiency (Excel including graphing, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics / Values and Integrity / Trust, (Action Oriented, Directing Others, Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Organizing, Process Management).