More than 5,300 professionals at Lockton provide 41,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, and employee benefits consulting services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 10th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates has awarded Lockton its Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For six consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a " Best Place to Work in Insurance ." To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update .
The Project Coordinator will assist a Commercial Insurance Department or Unit with technical and administrative support.
- Strong working knowledge of commercial property/casualty coverages and services.
- Firm understanding of general insurance accounting.
- Firm understanding of commercial rating concepts..
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the elements of marketing and has the ability to assist in the marketing process.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Input applications into the Applied system as requested.
- Process and issue binders, invoices, auto identification cards, and claims instructions.
- Order appropriate changes and corrections (open items) from the carrier.
- Complete initial policy checks.
- Set up policy files.
- Set up client manuals and update summaries.
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients.
- Provide assistance in the new business process as requested.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and formula calculations.
- Responsible for reconciling billings and correcting accounting criticisms.
- Execute all changes requested on policies, monitor for receipt of company endorsements, and process same.
- Expands insurance industry knowledge through experience and/or course work.
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Associates at all levels of responsibility.
- File correspondence and other documents.
- Prepare written correspondence and make telephone calls to underwriters or clients as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related program preferred or equivalent education and/or 2-4 years experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- General understanding of commercial property and casualty coverages preferred.
- Company or agency experience in commercial insurance services desired.
- Understanding of commercial rating concepts.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel required; PowerPoint desired.
- High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instruction, in addition to interpersonal skills required to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to be a team player, share responsibilities and provide assistance to others.
- Demonstrated ability to instill confidence and comfort with all inter-department associates.
- Firm, fluent grasp of the English language with excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Lockton Companies, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a privately-held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great associates. This includes health and dental coverage effective on the hire date, 401(k) match with immediate vesting, and a competitive vacation plan.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Any Employment Agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, LLC. Lockton will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person, or entity. Employment Agencies who have fee agreements with Lockton must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.