Development Outreach and Communications Advisor, Monitoring &
Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Program Office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) will provide USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
USAID is seeking assistance from MESP to provide the services of a Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Advisor to support the Program Office. This is a long-term position based in Juba, South Sudan.
Supporting existing staff, the DOC will provide a range of services that will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of communication materials (e.g. fact sheets, sectoral and state-level briefers, PowerPoint presentations, charts and graphs, etc.) that help USAID highlight the impact of USAID activities on the people of South Sudan;
- Planning and managing public events, including: preparation of scene setters, talking points, speeches and briefing materials; and coordinating with USAID, Embassy Juba and implementing partner staff;
- In close coordination with the DOC Specialist, who in turn will collaborate with the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Specialist, liaising with local media on the development and placement of print, radio, and television communications and information products to convey USAID program and project results to stakeholders in a manner cohesive with broader U.S. Government messaging;
- Supervise video shooting of USAID programs/activities as part of communications outreach and ensure video editing follows proper branding and marking in preparation for publication and social media
- Provision of data and feedback for regular mapping of USAID interventions
- Predominantly work will be based in Juba, but travel within South Sudan may be required.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, to work effectively under pressure, take initiative and be creative.
- Prior experience on international development programs, particularly USAID funded, and in depth knowledge of development issues required.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in public relations, or related field is required. Proven track record of producing and disseminating information to a variety of target audiences under tight timeframes is required.
- Good written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and understanding of print, TV and social media are required.
- The successful candidate must be capable of crafting messages in various media formats (press releases, websites, stories, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences.
- Experience with social media including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Flicker is required.
- Demonstrated coordination and organizational skills within multi-cultural work environment are required.
- Knowledge of USAID-funded communications is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in South Sudan highly desirable
- Master’s Degree in the field of public relations, communications or a related development area is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and website development preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.