Arabic Language Specialist for Primary School Grades,
Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic education Improvement
(QITABI) Project, Lebanon
MSI is a key partner in the Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic education Improvement (QITABI) Project, led by World Learning. QITABI will run from September 2014 through September 2018 and combines a crisis response and development approach to expand equitable access to education and improve learning outcomes for children. MSI’s role is in three areas: 1) collecting and analyzing data on children’s reading levels by implementing early grade reading assessments; 2) conducting surveys on teacher’s knowledge of reading instruction; and 3) holding policy workshops based on the findings of the reading assessments and the reading instruction surveys, including setting performance standards.
** Please note: only specialists located in Lebanon are eligible to apply. **
MSI will contract 2 Arabic language specialists to develop Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) tools for students in Grades 2 and 3. The consultants will work with the QITABI team to elaborate, review and finalize the content of the tools. They will draft Arabic language reading subtasks such as reading vocabulary and reading passages with comprehension questions. They are expected to be contracted for approximately 12 days in March and April 2017.
- Develop early grade reading assessment tools in Arabic language for students in Grades 2 and 3
- Check the alignment of the tools content with the Arabic language national curriculum and the EGRA tools previously elaborated in Lebanon
- Review and modify the content of the tools based on discussions with Arabic Language experts and education specialists
- Participate in tools’ finalization workshops.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Arabic language or education required
- Minimum 10 years of Arabic language teaching experience in primary schools required
- Experience in writing books or stories for children preferred
- Experience in elaborating Arabic language textbooks for primary schools preferred
- Experience in developing Arabic language assessment tools preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Arabic are essential
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.