Information Management Specialist, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation
Mechanisms and Services (MMEMS), Mozambique
The Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services (MMEMS) project provides on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact evaluation, output, and environmental compliance of USAID/Mozambique activities. The MMEMS main office will be based in Maputo; field offices will be based in Quelimane and Nampula.
The Information Management Specialist (IMS) will be required to oversee a broad range of data formats, data sets, software, hardware and uses to support the MMEMS mission. He/She will both provide information management services to the MMEMS team, USAID, and USAID implementing partners as well as supervise contractors providing such services. More specifically, he/she will be expected to be able to work in the following areas:
The Information Management Specialist will be expected to be able to work in the following areas:
- Perform GIS data quality control and management of field data that included daily data reviews, and maintenance of data management and GIS hardware and software.
- Consult with USAID and USAID implementing partners about how to improve the effectiveness of GIS regimes
- Monitor database, which includes reviewing the data for completeness and accuracy, identifying, correcting errors or omissions in the data and insuring that the data is stored correctly in the project GIS database, including, correct coordinate projection and metadata.
- Provide cartographic, data and spatial analysis support
- Develop map products to support the analysis and reporting of findings.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, digitizing, and other means.
- Perform GIS spatial analysis as required; develop new applications, tools, techniques or methods to improve workflow and train others in their use.
- Design and maintain data sets for a range of MMEMS analytic efforts
- Create, test, and maintain data collection forms using an online third-party tool
- Train staff members/consultants on smartphone/tablet data collection tools and methods from a technical perspective
- Provide data for client as per any queries and provide weekly deliverable status report to the Team Lead.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the donor and program senior management
- A university degree from a recognized higher education institution in Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrable work experience as a GIS, ICT and/or MIS Specialist
- Experience with remote data collection platforms (ODK, Fulcrum, etc.) and communication technologies, including troubleshooting,
- Experience maintaining Windows platforms, Microsoft Office, printers, scanners, servers, smartphones, etc.)
- Experience using ArcGIS, QGIS, and other Open Source mapping technologies
- Experience converting and integrating data from various sources
- Excellent spoken and written English
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.