Travel Assistant, Performance Management Support Contract
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Travel Assistant will be responsible for the handling of all travel, transport and lodging arrangements for the PERFORM office. S/he will directly report to the Operations Manager and work closely with other project team members and stakeholders to contribute to the success of PERFORM.
- Make necessary arrangements for the arrival and departure of local/international staff and consultants; respond to their requests for assistance and any other queries.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the PERFORM travelers for preparation and submission of field expense reports, and follow-up with them for timely processing and re-imbursement of their claims.
- Prepare payment vouchers for hotels and travel agents for PERFORM staff lodging and travel charges.
- Coordinate with PERFORM’s Security Manager to ensure that security protocols are in place for all field travel and to document security clearance for all travel plans and requests.
- Manage all travel related activities for PERFORM teams in Pakistan, including lodging, ground transportation, and air-bookings.
- Track all local project reservations of hotels, flights, meetings, and events.
- Develop and maintain corporate relationships with travel agents, hotel operators, and caterers.
- Obtain quotes for travel and lodging services as required and track and update all relevant corporate rate agreements on time.
- Track and examine incoming invoices to ensure compliance, correctness, and timely settlement.
- Maintain and update relevant documentation and databases of PERFORM staff travel.
- Assist the Administration Officer on proper maintenance of PERFORM inventory items.
- Assist Operations Manager in complying with USAID tax exemptions guidance, and undertake any relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least three (3) years of experience, with preferably two (2) years of relevant experience with an international organization. Prior experience with USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, with advanced Excel skills.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.