Administrative Assistant , Program Support for USAID/Kenya
East Africa, Kenya
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya East Africa strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis. It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
The Administrative Assistant supports the finance, operations and technical teams and will perform other administrative duties, including coverage for reception, as requested.
**Please note: Only Kenyan citizens are eligible for this position.**
- Support administrative and finance activities by organizing and archiving information.
- Assist staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
- Perform errands in support of assigned tasks, such as post office deliveries or pickups, project purchases or other miscellaneous tasks.
- Perform follow up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other communications.
- Maintain office and purchase order files, databases and assist with recording the purchasing of supplies.
- Support procurement actions of office supplies and materials (e.g., for workshops) and ensure an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries etc.) for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Welcome and attend to all office guests and answer the office telephone.
- Any other assignments as determined by project needs.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in administrative and/or operational management, preferably with an international organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or related discipline.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Exceptional computer skills in MS office programs
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.