Data Analyst, Evaluation of Health System Strengthening
(HSS) Project, Performance Management Support Contract
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
**Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking two (2) qualified data analysts for a performance evaluation of Health System Strengthening (HSS) project. The goal of the HSS component of USAID’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program is to develop and support innovative, cost effective, integrated, and quality programs to strengthen health systems around reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) for improved outcomes. The primary focus of the program under the HSS project is: 1) strengthening systems that will foster improved RMNCH service delivery and outcomes, including accountability and transparency; 2) strengthening management capacity at the provincial and district levels; 3) developing innovative approaches to catalyze community outreach services and access to health services for marginalized populations (including financing schemes); and 4) strengthening private sector delivery for the urban and rural poor populations.
The data analysts will support a team of evaluators and sector specialists by managing qualitative and quantitative data and analyzing the data as required for the assignment. The evaluation will begin on or about June 10, 2017 and finish by the end of September 2017. The anticipated level of effort for each data analyst is approximately 25 days.
- Review relevant documents and participate in all team discussions on the analysis and coding structure for qualitative data.
- Check secondary quantitative data for proper variable names, variable labels, and value labels.
- Code qualitative data for assigned interviews, in collaboration with MSI staff.
- Discuss emerging themes in the qualitative data.
- Write coding or research memos as and when necessary during qualitative analysis.
- Create tables and charts for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide additional support to the analysis as needed at the direction of the team leader or PERFORM staff.
- At least five (5) years’ professional experience with two (2) years of hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
- Demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis packages e.g., SPSS, STATA, MaxQDA, NVivo, or Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Excellent English writing skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.