Health Specialist, Evaluation of Health System Strengthening
(HSS) Project, Performance Management Support Contract
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
**Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking three (3) health specialists for a performance evaluation of Health System Strengthening (HSS) project. The goal of the HSS component of USAID’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program is to develop and support innovative, cost effective, integrated, and quality programs to strengthen health systems around reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) for improved outcomes. The primary focus of the program under the HSS project is: 1) strengthening systems that will foster improved RMNCH service delivery and outcomes, including accountability and transparency; 2) strengthening management capacity at the provincial and district levels; 3) developing innovative approaches to catalyze community outreach services and access to health services for marginalized populations (including financing schemes); and 4) strengthening private sector delivery for the urban and rural poor populations.
The health specialists will support the evaluation by bringing a deep understanding of Pakistan’s health sector, especially as it relates to health institutions, to the assignment. The evaluation will begin on or about June 10, 2017 and finish by the end of September 2017. The anticipated level of effort for each health specialist is approximately 60-65 days. The team will include a team leader, research assistants, data analysts and other support as necessary.
- Review all relevant documents required to understand the evaluation.
- Under the team leader’s guidance, conduct a robust secondary analysis of various databases and documents.
- Participate in a team planning workshop (TPW) in Islamabad to finalize the evaluation design and develop data collection instruments and data collection and analysis plans.
- Participate in, and at times lead, field research activities, including conducting interviews and supervising field researchers, to collect high-quality data.
- Participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Contribute to a debriefing session with USAID/Pakistan.
- Under the direction of the team leader and PERFORM staff, undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the study.
- A Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of health system strengthening.
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing, implementing, and/or evaluating public health system strengthening projects in Pakistan.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.