Chief of Party, USAID/Community Support Program, Lebanon
MSI is currently seeking a Chief of Party anticipated under a five-year USAID-funded Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Community Support Program in Lebanon. This anticipated program is intended to focus on supporting municipalities and underserved and vulnerable communities in providing better services and enhanced economic opportunities to improve lives and reduce tensions that contribute to conflict and violence, particularly in Lebanon’s North, South and Bekaa regions.
The Chief of Party will have strong management and leadership skills, and will be actively engaged in all aspects of program management. S/he will serve as the main point of contact between USAID and MSI and will have close, daily collaboration with the Mission’s in-country staff.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree, but Masters or higher preferred, in a relevant discipline, such as public administration, public policy, economics, international development, or equivalent project management experience in relevant disciplines
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO managing an office or program.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience supervising complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment, experience working in Lebanon specifically is preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to work with a broad-range of local government, civil society and private sector stakeholders and partners.
- Prior experience working on USAID or other donor-funded technical assistance projects in Lebanon strongly preferred.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Fluency in written and oral English required; proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.