Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Community Support Program, Lebanon
MSI is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party anticipated under a five-year USAID-funded Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Community Support Program in Lebanon. This anticipated program is intended to focus on supporting municipalities and underserved and vulnerable communities in providing better services and enhanced economic opportunities to improve lives and reduce tensions that contribute to conflict and violence, particularly in Lebanon’s North, South and Bekaa regions.
**This position is open to all applicants, but eligible Lebanese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.**
The Deputy Chief of Party shall report to and work closely with the Chief of Party to ensure the effective overall management, administration and technical implementation of the project. He/she will also oversee the efficient operation of the administrative, financial, human resources/staff management, and logistical aspects of the project, ensuring that these functions are fully aligned with programmatic priorities and objectives.
- Responsible for day-to-day project implementation, including management and oversight of the financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, sub-contracts, accounting, IT, logistics, human resources, transportation and administration.
- Supervise a team of finance, grants, procurement and administrative professionals.
- Provide support to the COP and work with technical, operations and functional directors to ensure that project activities are being effectively implemented and in compliance with MSI and USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide capacity building and mentoring to relevant staff, as necessary.
- Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring and reporting to ensure timely and efficient progress in line with project goals and objectives.
- Coordinate communications and work closely with MSI partner and sub-contracting organizations.
- Serve as the Acting Chief of Party in the absence of the COP.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, financial administration, project management, international development, social science, or related field and at least 5 years work experience on donor-funded projects in a relevant position or at least 7 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree, preferably as an operations manager or equivalent position.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project management and supervising staff.
- Strong work experience history in Lebanon or the region is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies and regulations in regards to financial management systems and report reporting, procurement processes, and grants management.
- Experience working in similar positions on USAID projects, including OTI, is highly desirable.
- Complete fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Fluency in French is also desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.