This position is responsible for coordinating the implementation of services, policies and programs related to the ReadyToWork® course and service offerings; maintaining accurate and up to date records and reports for the assigned region(s). Under direction, provide advice and counsel to students; act as an advocate and an external liaison with corporate groups, colleges and universities, trade and vocational schools, internship programs and local education and placement agencies; assess student and program needs; develop and implement the program in accordance with the Program Scope and Structure, and Federal, State, and local policies; develop, facilitate and observe seminars, workshops, class sessions and forums and perform related work as required.
The Student Transition Coordinator performs a broad range of duties with the purpose of providing a comprehensive system of service delivery to students that is flexible and responsive to changing needs while preparing students for their post-matriculation opportunities including but not limited to work, education and the military.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
· Provides advice and career path counseling to assist students in meeting their academic and career goals
· Serves as an advocate and liaison for students; informs students about their rights and responsibilities; acts on their behalf in pursuit of post-secondary placement
· Monitors student participation and progress to ensure program compliance
· Educates parents, school administrators, teachers and advisors about scheduled program services; represents program needs and concerns to the campus liaisons and advisors.
· Provides group and individual orientations and informational sessions to new and continuing students
· Assists students with the registration process, financial aid and all other related forms and procedures
· Determines student eligibility for Federal, State and county programs
· Compile and submit reports to administration regarding performance by campus, STC and region
· Produces and submits for publishing communication material based on designated schedule for assigned campuses and regions
· Develops and maintains complex computerized data management systems necessary to comply with program scope
· Interprets, analyzes, implements and clarifies complex requirements and expectations as it relates to placement entities
· Coordinates delivery of services to students with campus liaisons
· Coordinates collaborative projects in conjunction with other Career Path Counselors at other campuses
· Coordinates, approves and tracks authorization for student fees and supportive services.
· Work closely with community organizations, leaders and entities in order to develop and strengthen ties and overall participation with ReadyToWork® objectives
· Assesses program needs and collaborates with Program Director and Program Assistant to develop and implement program policy
· Develops and assists with the development of publications and other printed materials for the Program
· Participates in the development of and composition of grant and funding-related proposals, presentations and packages
· Complete and distribute all data and reports in a timely, reliable and accurate manner
· Participates in and facilitates training for program staff in the implementation of program policy, procedures and services
· Participates in and facilitates company and organization-wide training and professional development
· Organize, facilitate and participate in ReadyToWork® related activities, meetings and events
· Provide consistent support and coverage for all assigned campuses
Work independently with minimum supervision; communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing; monitor, track and compile statistical information; understand, implement and explain complicated regulations and procedures; train and direct the work of others; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population; plan and give presentations to individuals and groups; maintain cooperative working relationships; and work under pressure to meet deadlines; assess client needs and make referrals to network of appropriate resource agencies.
Community college requirements, student services, financial aid and other student support programs; community-based organizations and resources; client needs assessment and referral to network of community-based organizations; mainframe data management systems and desktop publishing applications.
A bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or a related field required.
One year of experience working in a college or social services setting. Experience working with diverse populations and managing a caseload of clients. Computer proficiency in word processing and developing and maintaining databases. Experience working with targeted population is preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Position serves campuses in the following cities: Fort Worth (3) and Tyler (1).
Starting salary range: $30K-$35K