Vice President, Talent
Louisville, Colorado (HQ)
PEARL iZUMi President
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our Mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in fast-paced, productive, dynamic, and collaborative environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values (Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1). Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role
Based in Louisville, Colorado and reporting to the President, the Vice President of Talent must be a transformational leader with extensive experience in aligning innovative human capital solutions with business strategy resulting in the long-term prosperity of organizations. The VP of Talent will provide strategic leadership and direction of company’s human resources functions, policies and processes that help drive growth and maximize achievement of short and long-term business goals. This is a powerful opportunity to scale the company to the next level with talent management as a strategic focus, while preserving the positive and unique elements of the existing culture.
The VP will serve as a member of the senior leadership team and will develop and communicate strategies to support a capable, engaged and energetic employee community. Key areas of responsibility include organizational strategy and design, leadership and employee development, change management; performance management, employee relations, talent acquisition, employee engagement, organizational culture, total rewards and recognition, employee communications, HR compliance, organizational development and effectiveness, and HRIS.
This role will oversee all HR activities for PEARL iZUMi, anticipate and drive any human resources related changes necessary for the health of the organization, and act as a trusted advisor to the President and the senior leadership team.
Love of cycling, passion for quality, respect, and a desire to make a difference are key traits the ideal candidate should possess. Moreover, the VP must be a keenly motivated problem-solver and self-starter who exhibits personal courage, composure, outstanding judgment, and a deep connection to the employee population. PEARL iZUMi seeks a Vice President of Talent who will feel at home in a fast-paced, productive, dynamic, and collaborative environment – which is dedicated to unlocking the power of inspiration and impact.
Organizational Leadership/Business Partner:
- Participate in planning the strategic direction of the business and in developing long-range plans to achieve objectives.
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure that organizational structure, design and staffing are consistent with business needs and support realization of the Vision and business strategies.
- Partner with functional VPs to integrate human resources support.
- Provide leadership and guidance on organizational change management.
- Employee Engagement/ Organization Effectiveness/ Development:
- Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives while maintaining cultural ethos.
- Develop strategies and tactics to ensure engagement and alignment of employees.
HR Functional Leadership:
- Develop and set functional direction and goals for HR team in alignment with the company’s business objectives.
- Attract, hire and/or develop talent and leadership capability within the HR team, and support for broader organization.
- Act as an internal consultant for management and employees to anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues consistent with the policies/practices, legal considerations and company priorities.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour, etc). Monitors exposure of the company and directs the preparation of information required for compliance.
- Oversees implementation of programs through human resources staff. Monitors administration to standards. Identifies opportunities and resolves discrepancies.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the HR organization.
- Partner with relevant departments to lead all aspects of internal communications.
- Develop a communications strategy to ensure that employees are informed, aligned and engaged with key business priorities.
Performance and Total Rewards Management:
- Lead design and implementation of Performance Management process, aligned to advance company objectives and Values.
- In partnership with President, Legal and Finance, oversee the design and implementation of competitive total compensation programs.
- Ensure clear differentiation of talent in rewards and recognition.
Training and Development:
- Develop strategies to address leadership and employee training and development needs.
- Design and implement global organizational development programs to ensure long term succession plans are implemented and sustainable.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
Living the Values
- As noted above, our core values are Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1.
- S/he must demonstrate commitment to these values.
Effective Collaborator & Influencer
- Highly collaborative, low ego approach in working with colleagues leveraging high levels of emotional intelligence – self-awareness, self-management, and relationship management – to achieve positive results.
- Track record of providing advice and counsel and collaborative problem-solving support, tailoring influence strategies to drive the desired change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, pragmatic people solutions tailored to specific business requirements that align to the company’s Mission, Values, Vision and strategies, and to persuade others over time, or challenge the status quo where appropriate.
Strong Strategic & Results Orientation
- Strong business judgment and strategic insight, as demonstrated by a clear ability to understand the broader strategy and market context of the business, identify its success drivers and support them effectively through HR strategies.
- Track record of being a credible and respected member of a senior executive team, whose input it sought and valued within the broader business context.
- Ability to bring fresh insights to the leadership team that play an important role in changing the performance of the business, and the ability to provide sensitive yet tough advice to fellow executives.
- Energized by creating better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are achievable.
- Deliver results and be able to work with ambiguity and deal with unresolved situations, frequent changes or unexpected events.
Exceptional Team Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness
- Led teams with the technical, operational and business skills needed to deliver on business mandates.
- Track record of building and mentoring a team to achieve and improve levels of performance and must be able to point to examples of having not only attracted, retained, coached and developed individuals, but also taking appropriate and timely decisions to improve the effectiveness of the overall team.
- Ability to create, inspire and align a team. This individual will be credible leading a team and will have proven the ability to get the best from a team across a range of different skills.
- S/he will have unquestioned integrity to effectively address sensitive HR issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years in a senior human resources management position with at least five years in a leadership role.
- Must have held a human resources generalist position directly supporting either the CEO or a Division president in a consumer products/retail company with revenues in excess of $50 million. Preferred experience in a global, matrix management structure.
- Must have a successful track record in organizational design and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, employment and employee training and development, as well as leading large multi-year employee engagement.
- Experience in developing and driving organizational change through employee engagement and communication and strategy development in a growing business.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.