Stout Risius Ross (SRR) is a financial advisory firm that specializes in Investment Banking, Valuation & Financial Opinions, and Dispute Advisory & Forensic Services. SRR's clients range from Fortune 500 corporations to privately held companies in numerous industries around the world. SRR has offices in Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Irvine, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Tysons Corner, and Washington, D.C.
SRR is a trade name for Stout Risius Ross, Inc. and Stout Risius Ross Advisors, LLC, a FINRA registered broker-dealer and SIPC member firm.
General Purpose: Oversees the preparation of financial statements and reporting for internal and external interested parties. Advises on general ledger and reporting functions as well as assigned special projects.
• Reviews general ledger account reconciliations and financial statements.
• Analyzes variances and trends of internal financial data.
• Researches system issues and transaction postings for resolution with accounting software vendor.
• Prepares various tax returns and annual filings.
• Interacts with CPA firm in preparation of year end information for tax returns and financial statement review.
• Capacity to learn all roles within Accounting department to fill in during staff absence and as means to advise staff.
• In addition, individual will be responsible for actively participating in special projects, continuous process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with Microsoft products, particularly Excel.
• Experience with Accounting software.
• Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Must have strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work well with others but also be independent and show initiative when there is ambiguity.
• Experience with state and city governmental reporting for business entities is a plus.
Education and/or Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the accounting field with extensive general ledger and financial reporting experience.
• Experience within a professional services firm preferred but not required.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
SRR is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
|Search for more openings