University Emergency Medicine Foundation (UEMF) is the academic emergency medicine physician practice plan of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Alpert Medical School of Brown University. As a non-profit foundation, UEMF is committed to its mission and vision of academic and research support. UEMF provides emergency department staffing for Rhode Island Hospital, the only Level I trauma center in this region; Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Rhode Island’s only children’s specialty hospital; The Miriam Hospital, a leading community teaching hospital and Newport Hospital, a community Magnet Hospital.
UEMF offers an excellent benefits package, including 85-90% employer-paid medical and dental, vision, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and generous 401(k) retirement-plan.
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day to day activities of the Human Resources Department. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and update necessary paperwork for the on-boarding process and ensures that new employees receive benefit and policy and procedure documents. Enter all new hires/employee data into HRIS (ADP) system, including but not limited to demographic, PPDs and other immunizations, I-9 and W-4.
- Assist with reconciling all benefit invoices to verify that the invoices are accurate with the correct number of currently enrolled employees, as well as ensuring that terminated employees are removed in a timely manner. Inform Human Resources Generalist of any discrepancies.
- Assist Human Resources staff with Benefits Orientation and ensure paperwork is completed/received.
- Assist with managing the COBRA process.
- Assist with credentialing as needed.
- Add approved, revised and new policies and procedures to the employee manual, employee handbook and Human Resources Online.
- Create employee satisfaction surveys, exit interview surveys, and employee training questionnaires as needed.
- Conduct semi-annual report of employee exit interview results.
- Maintain and organize documents on the Human Resources shared drive.
- Upload new hire material to new hire thumb drives.
- Back-up for creating benefits packages for all new hires.
- Perform general clerical duties for the Human Resources Department including but not limited to: answering telephones, copying, collating, scanning, and scheduling appointments and meetings as needed.
- Provide back-up for UEMF receptionist as needed.
The required qualifications for the position are:
- Position requires an Associate’s Degree in Business Management or a related field with a minimum of one to two years related experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources.
- Knowledge of ADP.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must submit a background release form and demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information.
- Must have a driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle as some transportation may be required.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful candidate must submit to a background release form, demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information and must possess a driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle as some transportation may be required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves and others. UEMF is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide a workplace free from harassment. For more information about UEMF, please visit our website at www.uemf.org.