Location: Miami Beach, FL (SoBe)
What we offer:
- We offer a casual work environment, creative programming & design teams, along with name brand clients that can't be beat. We have an exceptional reputation in the marketplace and are well known among our competitors. Based on increasing demand for our services we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with solid a PHP skillset to join our dynamic team.
- The candidate will provide high-level code reviews for a team of experienced developers as well as be responsible for creating highly-efficient and dynamic PHP code for some of the industry's most trafficked sites.
Lead PHP Developer (LAMP)
- A highly competitive salary (based purely on candidate overall skillset, experience, and education level), 100% benefits (medical, dental, vision, life), Flexible hours, paid vacation, relocation assistance (where needed), great work environment and cool and exciting projects. We have been in business for 10+ years and are very profitable.
About the Job:
The candidate will provide high-level code reviews for a team of experienced developers as well as be responsible for creating highly-efficient and dynamic PHP code for some of the industry's most trafficked sites.
We're looking for a passionate Leader and PHP/LAMP developer who has experience developing high-traffic, dynamic websites. Someone with experience in video encoding and mobile app dev is a plus. The ideal candidate is an individual who is adaptable, self-driven, motivated and eager to learn. The Lead should have strong experience managing/mentoring development teams and providing code reviews/critiques
– True PHP programmer that loves to hack code in several languages and has fun doing it (hands-on).
– Design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
– Comfortable with both OO and procedural programming methodologies.
– Experience building cutting-edge applications with PHP5 and MySQL5 preferable.
– Knowledge installing, configuring and maintaining Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP packages.
– Strong knowledge of stored procedures, triggers, indexes, table normalization and database design.
– Knowledge of AJAX development a plus.
– Comfortable hacking and compiling Linux software packages.
– Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
– Proficiency in working and developing on Linux
– Ability to thrive in high-traffic environments with clear expectations and often time fast-approaching launch dates
– BS/MS in CS/CE or significant work experience.
– Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
– 5+ years of experience managing/mentoring development teams and providing code reviews/critiques
NOTE: This is a very demanding and high-performance role and not for the candidate that only wants to maintain. If you seek a challenge and want to embark on the best properties on the web; this may be the career path for you.