Course Leader - NYC
|Location:||New York City|
|# of openings:||1|
FOR LICENSED TOUR GUIDES ONLY
WorldStrides is the only travel school accredited by all regions in the United States. We are seeking educational tour leaders (Course Leaders) to work with school groups in fifth through twelfth grades. Primary destinations are Washington, DC, and New York City. We also offer programs in California, Florida and Springfield, IL. We are seeking individuals who love to teach and who demonstrate a commitment to working with students in the worldwide classroom. Explore our programs in more depth on our website at www.worldstrides.org.
- College and/or advanced degree preferred
- Background in Education, Travel, U.S. History, Social Studies or related fields
- Historical and logistical knowledge of Washington, DC, and/or other tour destinations listed above
- Availability/Flexibility of schedule during the spring season
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes to give best experience possible
- Attendance at annual continuing education seminars and participation in ride along orientation trips
- Possession of current Washington, DC, Tour Guide License prior to first assignment in DC. (or NYC license if applicable)
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking and problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; specifically - engaging groups, relaying information in a clear and interesting manner
- Experience with and love/passion for working with students
- Fun, energetic and customer service oriented
- Ability to move quickly and remain on feet most of the day
Benefits of WorldStrides Discovery Programs:
- Educationally focused trips
- Ideal for people who love to teach, but do not want to be constrained by a classroom
- Support offered through 24 hour Tour Central office with 24 hour emergency number to assist whenever needed
- Coordination and security assistance provided at each hotel
- Innovative professional development, training methods and materials offered through continuing education seminars
- Detailed and customized itinerary provided for each group
- Company has more than 40 years experience in planning programs that work
- Placement (positioning) procedures designed to be convenient for Course Leaders at no personal cost
- Competitive compensation packages with a discretionary bonus award system
Please read the following paragraph carefully before completing and submitting the application below.
WorldStrides refers to the person who leads our educational student travel programs as the COURSE LEADER. We hire ONLY licensed guides in cities requiring licenses (DC & NYC). If you are not licensed, please complete the necessary licensing requirement PRIOR to submitting this application. Our business is very season- specific. We hire only people who are available March through June or some significant portion of that time. Our programs are very fast paced and require several miles of walking each day in all types of weather while talking constantly and managing/engaging groups of up to 55 people. We are an accredited travel school and the majority of our travelers are 8th graders. Our Course Leaders must be able to engage students in interactive learning. As a school, we require an FBI background check and TB Test as a condition of employment. We will forward all necessary paperwork in our employment packet should we decide to pursue your application. Please attach a current photograph or a resume with a photograph when you submit your application. Do not submit resume without completed application.
|Back to Search Results
Explore Our Programs
Select a destination from the dropdown below to get started.
Interested in leading a WorldStrides program? Click here for more information and to download a brochure.
Students, Parents and Program Leaders: click here to login or create your account.