The 3D Construction Modeler supports pre-construction services and operations through the implementation and usage of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) as well as construction technologies and processes on a wide variety of projects. Specific accountabilities include:
- Build virtual models from drawings and specifications, or digital drawings.
- Manipulate and edit 3D design models for visualization, coordination and estimating purposes.
- Manage the composite model.
- Work with design team to prepare 3D conceptual design models.
- Identify potential clash detection between design disciplines and communicate to Project Team.
- Coordinate and provide information to Project Team.
- Produce lift drawings and sketches for site use.
- Maintain library components.
- Extract quantities from 3D Models.
- Provide field coordination support.
Education and Experience:
- 2 year college diploma from a recognized architectural, engineering or construction management program.
- Prior experience as a CAD Technologist, Architectural Technologist or Drafter is an asset.
- 3 years experience in construction with 1 year experience of 3D Modeling and Drafting.
- The ability to translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D Building Information Model (BIM).
- 3D Application knowledge and experience mainly in Civil 3D, Revit, AutoCAD, Bentley AECOsim, AutoPLANT, and Navisworks.
- 3D Application knowledge and experience in 3DS Studio Max would be an asset.
- Understanding of current construction practices.
- Knowledge of how a building is constructed and the various building components that are part of each stage.
- Ability to read schedules and understand the scope.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.