JOIN US AS AN HOURLY MANAGER!
About this Opportunity:
The Operations Group Manager assists the store manager in the daily operations of the store with compliance and execution of the company’s goals, procedures and standards with emphasis on shrink control and sales growth.
- Successfully drive profitable sales through promotions, merchandising and customer service.
- Build exceptional customer experiences through engagement, attitude and service.
- Process invoices, daily receiving paperwork and the receiving log.
- Perform daily store operation procedures including; training, supervision of associates, manager functions at the cash register, scheduling, supervision of associates and performance evaluations.
- Implement loss prevention techniques and safety controls.
- Perform store supervision responsibilities during the absence of the Store Manager including supervision of staff and any and all tasks, functions, or projects that have been reasonably assigned by the Store Manager, District Manager or Corporate Office.
- Process freight within the 24/48 hour compliance timeframe.
- Execute accurate receiving operations and safety operations, checkout terminal operations and POS/RF Operations.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager, Management Team, Store Associates, District Manager and the Corporate Office.
- This position is for local residents or those that live in a surrounding community.
- Prior experience in retail management.
- Prior experience using planograms.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs from floor level to above shoulder height.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb, push, pull, and lift repetitively.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
ALCO is a discount retailer serving small communities in 23 states nationwide. ALCO offers quality, name-brand merchandise at great value prices. ALCO employees are eligible for paid vacation, holidays, an associate discount, sick pay and a 401(k) plan.