This is a project based position, extensive travel required. Relocation is not required.
All applicants should attach a current resume outlining your remediation, demolition, sediment, project management, supervisory and other relevant experience to be considered further.
Envirocon is seeking Project Managers to join our company. These are national positions and can be based anywhere in the US. The Project Manager is the primary interface between the Operational Service Centers, the corporate support groups, and the project management teams. The Project Manager is responsible for the total execution of projects including: safety leadership, profit and loss, regulatory compliance, efficient utilization of resources, contract administration, cost administration, executing the project per plans and specifications, schedule adherence, and meeting production/profitability goals. Project Managers are responsible for client interaction on projects as well as sales and estimating support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects, and is the primary interface between the District and project management team.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe culture at the project level.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the communicating assignments and responsibilities to assigned personnel and clients via both written and orally.
- Responsible for generating basic project schedules and reading and understanding more complex critical path logic projects generated by others.
- Responsible for providing the necessary equipment for effective execution of projects.
- Responsible for the reassignment, hiring, and training of all project personnel including project craft and salaried staff. Responsible for disciplinary actions and end of project layoffs or reassignment.
- Responsible for execution of all project activities to construct the project per the plans and specifications including quality. Responsible for scheduling resources on an overall project basis.
- Responsible for having a mid-level understanding of Envirocon cost administration process including completing or reviewing weekly receiving reports, completing monthly final forecast cost and revenue forecasts (FFC/FFRs) reading and understanding weekly/monthly unit cost reports, and determining weekly and monthly production quantities.
- Responsible for a mid-level understanding of general contract administration and a complete understanding of assigned project contract requirements including the tracking of pay quantities, recognizing a change in score or conditions, development of claims and responsible for leading claim and change negotiations. Responsible for the administration of subcontractors.
- Responsible to follow the company’s procurement policies in purchasing materials and subcontractors for assigned projects.
- Responsible to keep accurate project documentation.
- Responsible for the training and mentoring of assigned project staff.
- Attend job walks, read and understand project plans and specifications. Assist with the estimating and proposals of assigned bid opportunities including equipment selection, subcontractor selection, establishing production rates, and developing overall approaches to work scopes.
- Provide sales support and assist with client interaction during business development.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person and via telephone, and in writing.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling.
- Mid to high-level contract and cost administration skills.
- Understands equipment selection and utilization.
- Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company’s safety policies.
Education and Experience
- Prefer Baccalaureate degree in a related discipline (Construction Management, Engineering, Geology, etc.).
- Minimum of five (5) years of salaried experience, including supervisory experience, acting as an onsite Project Manager for construction, geotechnical, or remediation projects. Experience must include overseeing staff and crew, directing field operations, preparing and tracking budgets, leading safety meetings and initiatives, and interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.