Envirocon is seeking a Project Superintendent to join our team. Superintendents are responsible for the scheduling, coordinating and supervising of craft employees and assigned staff at project sites. Superintendents may also responsible for the coordination and support of subcontractor’s field operations. Superintendents work under the general guidance and direction of a Project Manager or Construction Manager. Typically this is an entry-level operation management position.
Extensive travel required.
PLEASE, NO WALK-IN’S OR PHONE CALLS. Apply online and the Hiring Manager will call those individuals whose background best fits this position. All applicants should attach a current resume outlining your remediation, demolition, sediment, PM, and other relevant experience to be considered further.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing and planning field activities for craft and equipment resources.
- Oversee work performance and productivity of crafts and subcontractors to ensure project rules, procedures, specifications, safety requirements, etc. are followed.
- Assist with selection and hiring of project craft personnel.
- Ensure craft time cards accurately reflect hours and job tasks worked.
- Advise project management of potential changes (scope and conditions), potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing /resolving such problems as required.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc. at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety, including:
- Enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety Officer
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Responsible for training and mentoring of operators, laborers, and foreman.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands how to safely and efficiently supervise large scale heavy earth moving construction projects
- Understands the function and intended use of construction equipment on projects and is able to train craft labor in their usage
- Ability to review and use project schedules to plan and direct field activities.
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate with and lead a team composed of different crafts and subcontractors.
- Ability to recognize potential changes and other project impacts and assist project management with notices and claims.
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of project contract, specifications and drawings for assigned activities.
- Possesses writing skills necessary to document project activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and subcontractors and maintain liaison with other departments, i.e., Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support, construction schedule.
- Understands and uses Envirocon cost control systems to improve job performance.
- Daily Quantity Tracking
- Labor and Equipment Reporting
- Understands and Uses Envirocon SOPs to increase efficiency, minimize risk and improve job performance.
- Demonstrates persistence in performing job duties and demonstrates creativity in solving problems.
- Possesses integrity & honesty toward company and clients.
- Self-motivated and possesses desire to develop professionally and personally.
- Ability to train and mentor Foreman and craft labor.
- Superintendents are project site based positions that require the individual to travel and work at job sites as directed from upper management.
- Superintendents must be able to satisfy the DMV driving qualification of Envirocon, and remain a qualified driver.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years lead or supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Minimum of a high school education.