Information Assurance Engineer
As a Information Assurance Engineer for our SOCPAC Team, the selected candidate will serve as an Information Assurance Analyst. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization based at Camp Smith, Hawaii and with subordinate commands located throughout the Pacific Theater.
The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with client managers, system and network administrators, and system users and will report directly to the Task Lead.
The candidate will be competent in all areas of information systems security, including network, application, database, physical, web vulnerabilities and common security design flaws. They will possess a deep understanding of the DoD 8570.0 requirements and DoD DIACAP processes. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for working with the IAM team while developing and maintaining a formal Information Assurance security program. The IAM will develop, implement and enforce Special Operations Forces (SOF) regional or command unique IA policies and comply with ITMO established IA requirements for units connecting to the SIE. The IAM will execute Connection Approval Process (CAP), GIG Interconnection Approval Process (GIAP), and Request for Services (RFS) and Interim Approval to Operate (lATO) packages as well as develop the Information Assurance vulnerability Assessment (lAVA) schedule and document results. The IAM will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and / or conducting training for all Information Assurance Managers to include but not limited to RCERT training to conduct lAVAs. The lAM shall perform the duties listed in Section 5.9, DoDI 8500.2. Additionally, the IAM will be responsible for providing Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Host Based Security System (HBSS) and firewall support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide written technical descriptions and contribute in the development of technical solutions in support of SOCPAC and JSOTF-P initiatives as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all IA Policies and Procedures. Assess, eliminate and document all systems vulnerabilities. Apply patches and adhere to IAVA requirements as directed.
- Develop and design network security infrastructure that provides consistent, responsive and secure enterprise network services.
- Monitor, manage, and coordinate daily incidents for network security operations across all SOCPAC networks.
- Measure the overall effectiveness of employing network defense capabilities during operations.
- Provide analytical analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from network operational security resources.
- Provide in-depth operational assessments to support current operations, provide support for the planning process, and provide security posture recommendations.
- Develop and maintain the proper certification and accreditation artifacts and documentation in accordance with Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) directives and Command policies for approval by the SOCPAC lAM.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of Blue Light and JSOTF-P.
- Performs daily tasks to ensure viability of the systems.
- Check and analyze logs for errors and security breaches.
- Performs preventive maintenance and system patching, planning and oversight of scheduling maintenance, and interfacing with the SOCPAC Information Assurance staff as necessary.
- Make recommendations on the development of enhancements, upgrades, and technical refreshes to maintain information security of the systems.
- Provide technical guidance as necessary.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Republic of the Philippines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Location of work: Camp Smith Hawaii
- Clearance Needed: Top Secret Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or related science field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Assurance Management
- CISM or GSLC certification (CISSP preferred)
- Competency in most areas of information systems security, including network, application, database, physical, web vulnerabilities and common security design flaws
- Experience in developing, implementing, and enforcing organization’s unique IA policy
- Possess deep understanding with requirements of DoD 8570.1 and DoD DICAP processes
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Experience providing Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Host Based Security System (HBSS) and firewall support
- US Citizenship is required.
- Able to deploy to hostile areas.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- CISSP Certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Familiarity with SOCPAC/SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) standards