Engineering Team Lead
We are seeking an experienced programmer to lead a team that is implementing mission critical highly used, high-performance, highly-scalable Systems. You should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with smart team members, be focused on high quality and take responsibility for tasks from start until completion. You will have the opportunity to apply modern techniques and work with the latest software development technologies and see your work be used by a wide audience.
This position reports to the Team Lead.
- Leader of software engineers locally and/or remotely in the development of high scale, highly performance and reliable User Interfaces
- Apply your design and development skills to define the tasks required for the team to achieve the sprint goals.
- Create Prototype to be improved incrementally taking into account feedback from product managers.
- Develop the user interface of the application and the back-end necessary to support it.
- Work will include architecture, design, coding of production code, integration testing and other work that may be necessary to help the team achieve its goals.
- Define the schedule of improvements of future releases with the product manager.
- Define the design of the system with the Software Architect
- Work to deadlines agreed with the development manager or relevant project manager.
- Drive all meetings including planning, Status, application reviews and retrospective
- Provision of regular progress reports to Management
- Define team software development practices and guidelines.
- Make crucial decisions regarding implementation
- Liaison with QA, product management, Production systems and other development teams.
- Constant communication with other team members
- Act as a mentor to all members of the team
- Share expert knowledge both in technical areas and in product knowledge
- Keep up to date with the latest concepts and technologies with regard to training.
- Scripting Language (Python preferred)
- Experienced developing MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Knowledge of differences between the main display and functionality of browsers.
- A subset of C++, Java or C#
- Ability to develop in Linux
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of design patterns is preferred.
- Experience as a team member for multiple iterations on an Agile project. Experience with Extreme Programming or Scrum preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 10+ years experience
- 5 years or more in similar position.
- Strong communication skills in written or spoken English.
- Be able to commit to the goals of the team.
- Thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Team Player. Ability to communicate throughout the team
- Good problem solver. Ability to think outside the box
- Continuous learner. One who keeps up to date with techniques and skills for implementation.
- Committed to Quality. Attentive to details.
- Never give up attitude. Work on an issue until it is completed
- Hard worker, thinker and an innovator
- Willingness to adapt - willing to change direction and skillset to meet the needs of market place
- Can balance hard work with the need to create a fun and challenging environment
- Readiness to work on production support.
Please send all resumes in Word Format to Molly.Mackey@247realmedia.com