An experienced level technician position involving general and preventive maintenance activities under limited direct supervision intended to keep the facility and equipment (i.e. process, utility, and general equipment) within safe and operational specifications.
- Performing daily checks, recording accurate data on log sheets, completing work orders, charging charts, maintaining records, performing and documenting preventative maintenance activities, troubleshooting, repairing and documenting service to equipment, and performing other general facilities tasks. Follow through on outstanding items and observations found during the course of the day.
- Coordinate work requests from occupants that may include some alterations as well as repair requests. This includes coordination of work requiring multiple trades and coordination with laboratory activities requiring EHS, QA, and area owner approvals, procedures, and documentation.
- Ability to locate and diagnose failures. Work through process to replaces defective components including the completion of associated documentation and PR/PA tasks. Familiar with calibration procedures a plus.
- Provide coordination with equipment owners/occupants and contractors or internal personnel for PM scheduling including required QA approvals. Support and direct on site service contractors and vendors. Coordinate and track work assignments.
- Accomplish PM and general maintenance activities as required. Perform other duties as required by the Facility Manager or Facilities Supervisor.
- Issue, schedule, complete, and review work orders in work order management system. Working knowledge of MAXIMO or other similar systems (CMMS/EAM) desired.
- Manipulate and make changes to BMS/BAS for troubleshooting and to control and operate systems and equipment for proper operation. Working knowledge of building monitoring and control systems required.
- Working from blueprints, layouts, P&ID’s drawings, sketches, and wiring diagrams. Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- On-Call and Emergency Response. Respond to a variety of problems that may, and do occur. Locate, determine, and correct problem or contact appropriate personnel for assistance. On-Call duties responding to emergencies 24 Hours/Day. On-Call rotation usually no more than once per month.
- Thorough understanding of equipment and facility operation for maintenance requirements in a GMP/GLP facility.
- Working knowledge and possess the skills to generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and R&M Logs.
- Experience with Change Control, QA, and the relationship between laboratory/manufacturing process and Facility a plus.
- Experience with MAXIMO or other Work Orders Management Systems (CMMS/EAM) desired.
- Good working knowledge/use of Microsoft Office Programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Working knowledge of and training on building monitoring and control systems (BMS/BAS) required.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Self starting, dependable, dedicated, and willing to be challenged.
- Display of good judgment and ability to effectively represent the Facilities team.
- Ability to multitask daily, weekly, and project responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma with technical school training in plant or facility O&M related discipline required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience operating and maintaining facility equipment in a GMP or GLP setting required.
- Professional license(s) in a field related to facilities operation, service, and installation of facility equipment or systems (HVAC Mechanic, Electrician, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated success as an HVAC technician with associated trade license(s) desired.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License desired.