Do you have a passion for working with a team that builds large complex projects? Do you enjoy being in a fast-paced environment where your ideas can make a real impact on how a structure is built? Are you ambitious and results oriented? Are you looking for endless professional opportunities and tremendous career progression? If so, The Conti Group is looking for you.
General Position Description
The Field Engineer works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for assisting with shop drawings, submittals, scheduling of subcontractors and materials, meetings, as-built drawings, job cost, procurement and field operations.
- Properly tracks quantities on a daily basis and reconciles them each month for payment purposes.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Documents all Time and Material operations on a capture sheet and reconciles with the client on a daily basis
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.
- Produces complete purchase orders after the conditions are approved by the Project Manager.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Construction Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field a plus
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS and ERP Systems.
- Basic knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying a plus
- Conti has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision on the first day of your employment. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
The Conti Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about The Conti Group, please go to www.conticorp.com.