Job Title: Network Storage Systems-Field Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, CA
This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering. The person will be responsible for hardware design and integration of storage components such as HBA, Hard Disk Drives, Solid State Disk Drives, Enclosure sub-systems, Ethernet etc. The person should have several years of experience working with server grade hardware and enterprise storage products. The person should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Storage solution architecture and configuration recommendations.
- Pre and Post technical support; Onsite customer visit to analyze customer needs, assist with network storage deployments.
- Provides high level product demonstration; develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral.
- Provides practice specific architecture designs and sizing documentation.
- Debugging hardware and firmware related issues and prepare failure analysis reports.
- Prepare test bench for compatibility and performance testing.
- Design, configure and test SAN (FC/iSCSI) and NAS (CIFS/NFS) systems.
- Design, configure and test Business Continuity, High Availability, Backup, Recovery and Archiving solutions.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Design discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct experience designing, integrating and supporting enterprise server and storage systems.
- A stable work history.
- MCP, MCSE, Compellent, EMCPP, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, CCNA, and Network+ certifications are a plus.
- Experience working with EMC VMAX/DMX, VNX/CX, VPLEX SAN storage or NetApp storage solutions.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Hyper-V, VDI Solutions, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.
- Expert in virtualization platforms such as Hyper-V, VMware, Xen etc. Hyper-V is preferred.
- Extensive experience in Windows Systems Administration, TCP/IP Networking and Storage solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Data Migration methodologies and tools.
- Thorough understanding of 10Gb/40Gb Ethernet.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues on SAN switches and storage arrays.
- Knowledge of internetworking systems and architectures, protocols and carrier services.
- Experience with Cisco's UCS server platform is a plus.
- Experience with scripting in Powershell is a plus.
- Experience with Linux Operating System Software.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, problem solving, teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- Willingness to participate in a formal project management environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in both an individual and team based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.