This position consists of the assembly of complex servers & storage, flash BIOS & firmware, install of Windows and Linux. This position also requires the successful candidate to work with engineering change systems. The candidate will also need to troubleshoot hardware, software and assess firmware problem and is responsible for basic configuration of servers and server troubleshooting. Training of assemblers and the creation of documents will also be an essential part of this position.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances and embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customers have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, service systems, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Testing of PC/Server hardware.
- Troubleshooting of Hardware, BIOS/Firmware and basic Operating System related issues.
- BIOS/OS configuration of complex computers/server hardware.
- Configuration of RAID and storage subsystems.
- Installation of Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Assist in creating training material and operation procedures.
- Working with ECO, DCO and other change management related documentation.
- Preparation of various types of reports for upper management and customers.
- Interacting with customers to provide updates and assist with ongoing issues.
- Interacting and working with vendors/manufacturers as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three years related experience and/or training with installation and configuration of servers/desktop and peripheral technology preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience with PC architecture, both software and hardware desired
- Proficient with Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, Presentation software and Web browsers.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Desktop interface and built-in tools of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Knowledge of computer hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting
- A+ certification preferred
- Must be a self-starter capable of managing own activities as well as supporting team activities
- Must be flexible and capable of handling multi-task operations
- Must be a fast learner and able to understand complex assembly
- Must have knowledge of computer hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail while focusing on accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be able to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully
- Must be able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.