This position is responsible for building and releasing procedures and processes of Iron System’s products as well as developing and implementing tooling, processes, product documentation and product process instructions required for system integration to support repeatable and consistent manufacturing processes
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances and embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customers have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
JOB RESPONSIBLILITES (other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, optimize product availability by minimizing costs
- Develop commodity and sourcing strategies, identifying potential suppliers and performing cost analysis/volume planning for commodities and other components
- Manage supplier evaluation and selection, price and contract negotiations, supply continuity and quality for new and existing productsIidentify, analyze and create opportunities to improve/reduce the supply base
- Lead and participate in Quality/Process improvement projects by applying Lean and Six Sigma Tools and techniques to continuously improving Supply Chain management and manufacturing activities by understanding customer requirements and specifications to ensure smooth and trouble free roll out of new and existing products and services
- Use statistical methods to investigate issues and analyze data
- Identify solutions and recommend action plans
- Create database and other data-storage processes to support analysis for Operations, including but not limited to, inventory, operational performances, issues & root-causes, and supplier performance
- Configure and route Bill of Material and Engineering Change Notices in Product Lifecycle Management and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems in accordance with the product structure, business process and customer requirements
- Develop validation protocols for Installation/Operation/Performance Qualifications, execute protocols and submit them through the Engineering Change Notice into Agile(Oracle) / Arena environment\
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly reports of Operations and Supply Chain Key performance Indicators.
- College Degree in Engineering
- 3-4 years experience
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail while focusing on accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be able to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully
- Must work well in group problem solving situations
- Must be able to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Must be self-motivated and innovative in addressing routine assignments
- Must be able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals