OPERATIONS MANAGER – SINGAPORE & AUSTRALIA
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT and Administrative functions of the program. The incumbent will guide the program to develop and implement sustainable management strategies, support fund raising / business development efforts, set standards related to operational management, and ensure that human and financial resources are aligned and maximized for the greatest conservation.
The position operates within the boundaries of both CI policies and process and relevant statutory laws of Singapore and Australia. The role mandates the applicant to be the gatekeeper and champion of all local and CI related mandatory policies and procedures, socializing, coaching and training the staff to ensure those are implemented as needed for the success of the organization
The position will report to the Senior Director of Operations, Asia-Pacific Field Division but works closely with Senior Vice President- Asia Pacific, based out of Singapore office
- Prepare and process local employees’ monthly payroll including submission of CPF returns.
- Calculate and estimate international assignee’s local income tax liability. Prepare annual remuneration form (IR8A) for all employees including local and international assignees for income tax returns purposes. Submit annual income tax returns on behalf of all international assignees.
- Prepare annual working budget and monthly update of budget for Singapore cost centers.
- Assists with the development and submission of proposal budgets to be submitted in-country.
- Manages day-to-day financial transactions and reporting including, review/approval of expense reports, cashflow requests and preparation full sets of accounts for 2 entities.
- Train and support the staff in completing expenses reports and tracking of timesheets.
- Process payments to all vendors including Government authorities on a timely basis.
- Process payments for employee expense claims and banking in the same into employee’s bank account.
- Record all financial transactions into accounting system and ensure monthly closing deadline is met.
- Reconcile bank account and all asset and liability accounts including preparation of monthly schedules and uploading into shared drive.
- Quarterly preparation of fringe benefits analysis report.
- Prepare annual management accounts in accordance with Singapore financial standards. Liaising with external auditors and coordinate external audit activity.
- Coordinate with Company Secretary for filing of annual returns and AGM.
- Oversee annual statutory audit including preparation of management accounts in accordance with Singapore financial standards.
- Be the champion of compliance and regulatory needs as it relates to maintenance of Charity status and operationalize those working closely with Singapore team.
- Coordinate preparation of annual report and upload to Charity Portal.
- For outgoing employees, submit income tax clearance for employees on work visas before their departure.
- Manage all financial aspects of local incoming grants and ensure timely and proper submission of financial reports and paperwork.
- Prepare financial status report for all the Singapore donors (including in country) and share with all project managers including having a monthly meeting with them to go over the details.
- Management of cash flow – cash requests to HQ monthly.
- Process all travel advance requests, employee expense claim requests – seek approvals, payments.
- Process all invoices received, seek approvals, process payments.
- Process payroll monthly – ensure all timesheets entered into Business World, process payroll online with ADP, received ADP payroll report, agree report, confirm payroll with ADP and then process payments through bank to employees.
- General ledger reconciliations prepared monthly (including bank reconciliation) and month end journals for bank, payroll, prepayments, annual leave.
- Quarterly preparation of fringe benefits analysis report
- Complete Workcover proposal for Australia employees on an annual basis.
- Update ADP payroll for any employee changes.
- Ensure all employee superannuation payments are processed by ADP and file paperwork accordingl.
- Provide operational support in maintenance and growth of partnership of Adelaide University, Australia including invoicing, reviewing of reports and reconciliations as needed.
Administrative & IT Management:
- Manages contracts and relationship with local legal counsel and general counsel’s office.
- Manages contracts for external providers including lease arrangements for CI's office space.
- Responsible for office relocation and re-configuration when required.
- Arrange for office insurance coverage.
- Purchase of furniture, equipment and office supplies.
- Maintains and monitors use of office equipment and supplies, including coordination of repairs and maintenance of equipment with vendors.
- Provide first line of IT support for staff and office and ensure information system of the office runs smoothly including setting of laptops for new hires.
- Ensure local employees are adequately covered under local group health insurance.
- Works with HR Business Partner, APFD, to ensure that all HR functions (staffing, orientation, training and development, management of compensation, separation, etc) are managed within CI HR policies and in compliance with local labor requirements.
- Provides guidance to organize and oversee annual Performance Appraisal and merit increase cycle for Singapore office.
- Keep employees files and records, including contracts, leaves, salary adjustment, benefits, etc, in accordance with Singapore and Australia law and CI's Global policies.
- Provide guidance to HQ regarding employment of foreign nationals including compliance with requirements of local employment laws (Singapore & Australia).
- Verify and submit application/renewal of employment passes for International Assignees; including filing all paperwork with relevant authorities.
Grants & Contracts Management:
- Administer all contract through the contract development and approval process through Business World.
- Manage and monitor all grant agreements (internal and external) and consultant/vendor contracts to ensure that contracts are valid, spending limits respected and required reports have been submitted and approved.
- Oversee incoming grant process including grant registrations for grants donations through the Singapore & Australia office.
Events,Travel and Visitors Management:
- Organize and coordinate logistics support for events and meetings with visiting CI delegations, Board meetings and other similar events.
- Plan and set up meeting and conferences.
- Organize and coordinates logistics, travel, visa, accommodation needs of visitors and staff.
- Typical office environment.
- Some international travel required.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business administration or related field.
- Relevant five to eight years of work experience or equivalent combination.
- Proven financial management skills and experience in budget preparation and management.
- Prior experience in a integrated business systems.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently review and analyze detailed information.
- Familiarity with the requirements for successfully managing a non-profit organization under Singapore law including good understanding of Institute of Public Character (IPC) requirements.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Effective communication skills, including to be able to connect and communicate effectively in remote setting of a global organization like CI.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of employees in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues and information.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office 360.
- Non Government Organisation experience.
- Mandarin language desired.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.