Dexis is seeking an experienced Methodology Expert to support an assessment of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) policy on Development Response to Violent Extremism and Insurgency (VEI). This task is part of the Learning and Knowledge Management (LEARN) contract’s work with USAID’s Bureau of Policy, Planning and Learning’s Policy office (PPL/P). The location for this position will be in Washington, DC. This is a part-time consultancy. The anticipated start date for this position is June 2017.
- Participate in a before action review with PPL/P to contextualize the assessment and identify key research questions
- Draft and finalize an assessment approach and methodology for the policy assessment in consultation with the Technical Expert
- Refine and implement assessment approach and methodology after getting feedback from PPL/P
- Refine and troubleshoot methodology during piloting phase, as required
- Attend weekly meetings with USAID, LEARN, and stakeholders and develop close, productive relationships with individuals in USAID/Washington and the Missions in order to facilitate the smooth implementation of the project
- Master’s Degree required, PhD preferred in relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge regarding quantitative and qualitative methods for designing data gathering instruments such as surveys and interviews, gathering and coding data, and carrying out data analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including at least 5 years in international development and 5 years in KM, OL, and/or capacity building
- 8 years of experience in project management-related work
- An understanding of new and innovative methodology including new data collection mechanisms and remote options for gathering information
- Ability to gather evidence and present analysis in a competent and engaging manner
- Skilled facilitation of focus groups, interviews and meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with USAID
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Note: Candidates must submit CVs that include start and end dates for each position in month/year format. If a position includes part-time work, the CV must also include the average number of hours worked per week.
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.