Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as a Purchasing Associate I in our Procurement department in our Indianapolis, IN location! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
- Performs routine assignments associated to purchasing. Responsibilities would include placing orders, entering orders, filing and other activities.
- This is a contract/temporary position.
How you will contribute to make a difference
- Manage the operations and tactical procurement of goods and services in multiple categories
- Foster good relationships and sustain good working relations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Approve purchase requisitions for supplier, equipment and services according to departmental procedures.
- Receive requisitions and analyze for quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Consolidate requirements and development most suitable method of purchase where applicable.
- Acquire and provide information to the user groups regarding suppliers, orders, specifications, delivery dates, etc.
- Prepare and maintain the required documentation for record keeping purposes.
- Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local law and in accordance with good business practices and with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Work with Receiving personnel to assure that purchase orders are received and processed in a cost effective manner.
- Communicate company requirements to suppliers and potential suppliers.
- Identify, achieve and document cost savings.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable person with good attendance
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office applications and JD Edwards (or equivalent ERP system)
- Good mathematical ability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Associate Degree or 5+ years experience in similar work environment
- Procurement experience is a plus
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity