Hamilton Island has a current vacancy for a Food and Beverage Attendant to work across four areas – Marina Tavern, Rainforest Bar, Garden Bar, and Marina Daze.
About the Role
- Permanent full time position requiring you to live on island
- Work 5 shifts per week over a 7 day roster
- Starting in the Tavern, be trained and work across four venues:
- Marina Tavern: main bar, bistro, sports bar, bottle shop
- Marina Daze: Sunday evening pop-up bar
- Rainforest bar: staff only bar
- Garden Bar: cocktail bar
- Serve a range of beverages including beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails
- Ensure an efficient and accurate service to customers in an enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Abide by QLD RSA regulations
- Maintain Hamilton Island’s consistent standards of excellence, aiming for 100% guest satisfaction
- Prior experience as a bartender, in a fast paced environment
- Current National or QLD RSA (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available to start on short notice
- Excellent communication skills and a professional work ethic
- Team player with the ability to create the extraordinary in every shift
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.