As the Chandlery Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day running operations of the Chandlery office. In your role you will be responsible for re-ordering, stock control and general sales. Assisting with Marina and Boatyard Operations and responding to all general enquiries to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction. You will have 5 Direct reports
About the role:
- Ensure uniform, grooming, hygiene and workplace health and safety practices are in accordance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act and the Hamilton Island standards.
- Managing staff performance and ensuring safe working practices are being adhered to.
- Compile monthly financial reports and manage profit and loss reports
- Performing any additional tasks as requested by the Marina Manager
- 3 years experience in Marine Industry; knowledge of boats and boat parts essential, and retail experience
- Supervisory / Management experience
- Computer literacy
- Open / unrestricted driver’s license
- Recreational Marine Drivers License (RMDL) or Coxswain (desirable)
Culture and Benefits:
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers