Demi Chef - Hamilton Island, Yacht Club
Hamilton Island's flagship venue is now seeking a motivated and ambitious Demi Chef to join their team.
About The Role
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Bommie Restaurant – a la carte signature restaurant open Tues-Sat nights
- Bommie Deck – snacks and cocktails by water’s edge
- 3 function rooms; events
- Prepare and serve fine Modern Australian cuisine
- Achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Maintain Hamilton Island’s consistent standards of excellence
- Live on island position
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Minimum 2 years of post-apprenticeship experience
- Fine dining a la carte restaurants and/or luxury hotel banqueting
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Not afraid of long hours and hard work required to achieve standards of excellence
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
To apply, visit Hamiltonisland.com.au/careers