With its superb location in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, renowned restaurants, wide range of accommodation and huge selection of activities, Hamilton Island is the ultimate tropical getaway. However, Hamilton Island is more than just a tourist destination. It’s also a thriving community, with an interesting history, some incredible contemporary landmarks, and a great sense of environmental responsibility.
We are seeking an Employee Relations and Performance Manager to join our People, Culture and Development division for a fixed term 6 month contract. With approximately 1200 employees living and working on Hamilton Island, we are requiring a knowledgeable Employee Relations / Industrial Relations professional to provide advice and facilitate support to all levels of staff.
About The Role
- Full time 6 month fixed term contract from late June 2017 - mid Jan 2018 to cover maternity leave
- Provide guidance and support to all levels of staff on a range of employee relations and industrial relations matters
- Manage all Fair Work Australia and Employee Organisation dealings and complaints
- Oversee the Employee Relations team and supervise the on-boarding and induction process of new employees
- Research, develop and review all employee relations policies and procedures
- Oversee various employee programs including Employee Recognition and Wellness programs
- Run various administrative reports as required
- Previous management experience in a similar role including terminations and investigations
- Strong background in Employee and Industrial Relations
- Up to date knowledge with the current legislative framework
- Knowledge of EBA and enterprise agreement reviews will be highly regarded
- Experience dealing with unions
- A diplomatic and mediating personality
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Open driver licence
Culture & Benefits
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
Ready to continue your professional career in paradise? Apply Today!